Tackle Reading By Kathryn Starke from Creative Minds Publications. Tackle Reading is a resource that motivates children, supports parents, and inspires teachers and fellow educators to love literacy. This book contains stories written by NFL players, celebrities, and authors who are passionate about reading education. It also includes pieces, lesson plans, activities, and guidance provided by literacy leaders, educators, and organizations dedicated to improving literacy instruction for all children.
- Thousands of copies donated to inner-city elementary schools nationwide thanks to charitable giving and sponsorship
- Professional development available
- Great book study for classroom teachers, reading teachers, parents, and educational leaders
- Available in paperback & e-book version
- Partnered with NFL, Michelle Staubach Grimes, and Beyond the Laces to kick-off annual Tackle Reading Across America Day (March 2nd)
- Featured in NFL youth football camps & NFL community events
My Opinion: I found this a great tool for parents who have kids that are less than confident when it comes to reading. I can tell you from myself I can’t read out loud I get nervous overwhelmed with how I sound and then I start messing up the words. I found this book to be very helpful had given me more confidence and realizing I’m not the only one who struggles to read aloud there are kids out there that may not know how to read at all.
See more at http://www.creativemindspublications.com
Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.